Monday, May 7, 2012

Up over the head-high wall
There were crackles of laugh and lie
So looks like I'm back
With nothing much to say
Although I'm always up for another try

Balance is an illusion
I've given up pretending to stand
It's been sixty four weeks,
Since I yearned for your lips
And since you thoughtlessly shook my hand

Next time someone's drowning in a lake,
Try throwing out a rope 'stead of an anchor
Who knows, this time, next life, baby
You could be cash and I could be a banker

Can you tell the difference between a hug that's tight
And a strangle that they deal very faint?
Remember what I said
After I understood what I read
When you were busy fighting your demons with nail paint

Don't know what rules games are played by
Not sure if it's ever tit for tat
Same time, next life, baby
I just hope the opposite of this won't be that

We played the convincing game one time
I said "For you, I promise to jump and kiss the sky"
"Promise?" She asked me right back
In a way that threw me off-track
"Isn't that just another name for a lie?"

Now I'm known to do everything silly
Though gun to my head, I'll rather dance than sing
Maybe this time, next life, baby
We won't even owe each other anything

Now dead horses, they won't be your pet
Same reason, a soiled rag can't be clean
And slayers sometimes ride a crutch
These situations are a deceptive bunch
You know even an orange is sometimes green

Now time is just not playing out right,
Both our worlds have gone wrong too
But this time, next life, baby
You see what you can do...

0 Comments: